Green Teams are comprised of individuals dedicated to creating a more sustainable Harvard.
Green Teams occur at the School level and in some cases at a department level. Find out if your School or department has a Green Team by searching the lists below. Don't see a Green Team for your area? START ONE TODAY!
Step 1: Prepare for the first meeting
A few key steps that you should take before the first meeting include:
- Find a dedicated leader
- Set time and book room
- Invite members
- Walk through building(s) and make a list of potential projects; learn more about our green offices
- Set agenda
Step 2: First meeting
Use the first meeting to brainstorm projects and set goals for the group. Steps to take include:
- Brainstorm about possible projects
- Prioritize projects based on interest or feasibility (quick, easy goals will keep the group motivated)
- Make sure each project has a leader who will follow up on tasks
- Send out meeting minutes or notes to group
Step 3: Keep the momentum going
Keep up the enthusiasm of members by working on interesting projects that can actually be completed. Other
- Recruit members from key groups (finance, building operations, event planning, purchasing, publications/communications) in order to make project implementation easier.
- Promote your group—send your success stories to email@example.com or publish them in your newsletter.
- Keep expanding—the more your group does, the more people will want to get involved.
- Keep it fun!