Adjusting your computer's power settings and sending your computer into energy saving modes will help cut office energy use enormously!
Follow these easy steps to adjust your computer's power settings (Windows).
1. Start > Control Panel > Power Options
2. Customize settings in the Power Schemes tab.
- Turn off Monitor: 5 minutes
- System Standby: 20 minutes
- System Hibernate (for laptops only): 45 minutes
- You can also manage your computer's power manually just go to Start > Shut Down > Standby or Hibernate.
- You can also save energy by using a laptop computer instead of a desktop and monitor!
- Screen "savers" actually use energy: turn yours off by going to Start > Control Panel > Screen Saver.
Brought to you by Harvard's Green Office Program.