Adjusting your computer's power settings and sending your computer into energy saving modes will help cut office energy use enormously!
Follow these easy steps to adjust your computer's power settings (Mac).
1. In your dock, choose System Preferences.
2. Customize settings in energy saver.
- Turn off Monitor: 5 minutes
- System Standby: 20 minutes
- You can also manage your computer's power manually just go to the apple menu and put your computer to sleep.
- You can also save energy by using a laptop computer instead of a desktop and monitor!
- Screen "savers" actually use energy: turn yours off by going to System Preferences > Screen Saver.
Brought to you by Harvard's Green Office Program.