Harvard University Housing residents: Help make your space more sustainable by taking these simple actions!
- Turn off lights, computers, electronics and small appliances when not in use and before leaving your apartment.
- Unplug chargers and utilize power strips to prevent electricity from being unnecessarily drawn from the outlet.
- Minimize extra waste by replacing your disposable items with reusable ones. Think reusable coffee mugs, water bottles, and shopping bags.
- Recycle. It’s easier than ever. Collect all of the materials together and regularly dispose of them in your building’s recycling area.
- Be water smart. When it comes to dishwashers and laundry, run only full loads. Reduce your shower time and turn off water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Go car-free! Bicycle storage and racks can be found at most properties, the bike-sharing program Hubway has a new location between Soldiers Field Park and One Western Avenue, and the Harvard Shuttle can conveniently take you around campus and tracked in real time.
- Become a Sustainable Community Leader! Take advantage of this unique opportunity to build a strong culture of sustainability where you live, work, and study.