LEED Rating System: LEED-CI
LEED Rating: PLATINUM
Date Completed: September, 2008
The 2-South Suite and Main Entry project is a 1655 square foot renovation that includes five office spaces, a conference room, a storefront, and a restroom on the second floor of Griswold. The space accommodates four faculty and two staff assistants in a mix of private offices and workstations and a campus meeting room. Renovations took place in the summer of 2008.
As of March 2009, this is the first LEED for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) Platinum project in New England, first at any University, and only the 19th in the world.
- Daylight dimming integrated into light fixtures
- Temperature setbacks tied to occupancy sensors
- Low or zero-VOC materials
- Comprehensive green cleaning program
- 99.3% of the construction waste was diverted from the landfills.
- 65.5% of the furniture budget included salvaged/used furniture
- 56.5% of the total value of materials have recycled content
- 38,600 gallons of water annually estimated to be saved over code-minimum fixtures