LEED Rating System: LEED for Commercial Interiors
LEED Rating Version: 4.0
Certification Level: Certified
Date Completed: October 2016
The FAS Extavour Laboratory project scope included the renovation of approximately 6,000 SF of research and office space in the BioLabs Building. The 4,600 SF second floor renovation provided new laboratories, office areas, a central tea room, kitchenette, and four interconnected research spaces with a temperature controlled microscopy room. The fifth floor scope included modest renovations to a 1,400 SF existing fly facility which was converted into an arthropod facility for USDA regulated research.
- 38% reduction in water use below EPAct 1992
- 95% of the eligible equipment and appliances by rated power are ENERGY STAR certified
- 72% of the on-site generated construction waste was diverted from landfills.
- 30% reduction in lighting power density below ASHRAE 90.1-2010
- 25% of the project materials were manufactured using recycled content
- 73% of the project’s connected lighting load is controlled by occupancy sensors