Ten Harvard employees were honored at the 2013 Harvard Heroes ceremony for their commitment and contribution to Harvard’s sustainability goals. As part of Harvard’s ongoing effort to institutionalize sustainability into the culture of how community members work and live on campus, the Office for Sustainability partnered, for the first time, with Harvard Human Resources to include recognition of the “Green Heroes” at the annual university-wide event.
Sustainability at Harvard has united the community and become a true One Harvard initiative, with action being taken by staff, faculty, and students across the 12 Schools and multiple administrative departments. The ten Green Heroes exemplify the breadth and depth of Harvard’s sustainability efforts as well as the strong collaboration and partnership that has come to define Harvard’s approach to building a healthier, more sustainable campus.
President Drew Faust recognized the following ten Green Heroes:
- Brandon Geller, Senior Coordinator, Office for Sustainability, Campus Services
- Jen Doleva, Endowment, Gift, and Chart of Accounts Administrator, Harvard School of Public Health
- Kate Zirpolo-Flynn, Faculty Assistant, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Adelaide Connolly, Executive Assistant, Social Sciences Division, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Eric D’Souza, Senior Project Manager, HUIT, Campus Services
- Karen Thomas, Staff Assistant, Harvard Law School
- Stephen Obuchowski, Database/Applications Developer, Harvard Medical School
- Mitra Nathasingh, Maintenance Manager, Faculty of Arts and Sciences
- Michael Goodwin, Assistant Director of Operations, Harvard Graduate School of Education