Virtual Fixit Clinic
Harvard is celebrating Valentine's Day with a Virtual Fixit Clinic on Saturday, February 13 at 1 PM EST!
Virtual Fixit Clinics assemble the world's greatest troubleshooting talent to address whatever's presented through the magic of internet teleconferencing.
Here's how it works: show your broken item to the global assembly of community repairers and get suggestions for things to try. After all items are presented we assign items/participants and repairers to Zoom breakout rooms to implement the suggestions and, hopefully, fix the items.
Got something broken? In addition to “carry-in items” we can look at big things like dishwashers, TVs and furniture now.
Fixers: All community repairers worldwide are heartily invited to participate, either to help fix or just observe, learn and cross-train. Sign up well in advance at http://bit.ly/fixitcoachsignup.
Any local repairer or repair community can join Virtual Fixit Clinics so please invite your fellow repairers, friends and neighbors to sign up.
- What: Virtual Fixit Clinic DLXVII 567 Harvard University Cambridge MA US
- When: Saturday Feb 13 1PM EST (18:00 GMT/UTC/19:00 CET/13:00 EST/Noon CST/11:00 MST/10:00 PST)
- Where:Cyberspace (Register to get teleconferencing details)
How: Answer these questions:
- Do you have a computer, phone or tablet (and internet connection) that will support Zoom?
- Can you show and describe the problem / recreate the problem in under five minutes?
Can you fill out http://bit.ly/brokenitemreport afterwards?
- If yes: register at http://bit.ly/fixitcheckin and we'll send details on joining the Zoom.
- Who: An all-ages family-friendly event: children are heartily invited!
- Why: To meet and make global friends, learn and teach how to fix things, and have fun!