The event features a series of 7-minute lightning talks by faculty and students from across the University as well as some special guests. A reception will follow from 6:00-7:00 pm. FOOD DESIGN is open to the Harvard community and no registration is required. Seating is limited and is available on a first-come first-served basis. Doors will open at 3:00 pm.
Nathan Myrvhold, creator and co-author of the award-winning cookbook Modernist Cuisine, will give a keynote on “The Future of Bread.” Nathan is currently the founder and CEO of Intellectual Ventures and prior to that spent 14 years at Microsoft as chief strategist and chief technology officer.
Other speakers include:
- Ayr Muir, Founder and CEO of Clover Food Lab
- Beth Altringer, Founder-Director of the Desirability Lab
- Jeffrey Schnapp, Matthew Battles, and Keith Hartwig from the metaLAB
- Kit Parker, Tarr Family Professor of Bioengineering and Applied Physics
- Gojko Barjamovic, Senior Lecturer on Assyriology
- Pia Sorensen, Senior Preceptor in Chemical Engineering and Applied Materials
- Gary Adamkiewicz, Assistant Professor of Environmental Health and Exposure Disparities
- Emily Broad Lieb, Director of the Food Law and Policy Clinic
- Students from the Science and Cooking and Food Fermentation courses as well as from the Master in Design Engineering (MDE) program
Special thanks to the cross-school organizing committee of Beth Altringer, David Edwards, Chuck Hoberman, Lindsay Jaacks, Jeffrey Schnapp, and Pia Sorensen for putting together the program.