DCE 2nd Annual Global Online Earth Day Celebration and Poetry Contest
Join the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) for a momentous global on-line celebration of the 51st Anniversary of Earth Day on Thursday, April 22 at 10 am EDT.
The following guests will share their inspirational words on how education catalyzes positive change:
- Dr. Nancy Coleman, Dean of the Harvard Division of Continuing Education and University Extension
- Professor Julio Lumbreras, Vice-Rector for Academic Strategy and Internalization at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
- Linda von Mutiut, JD, Director, Board Strategy & Operations at The Trust for Public Land, Harvard DCE ALM ’05- Environmental Management
Kate Vellucci, Farm to School Program Coordinator at the Portsmouth NH School Department, Harvard DCE ALM Candidate, Global Development Practice
Poetry Slam Competition
Two poets will be selected from the DCE community members who submit original poems of encouragement and positive action to make the world a better place. Poetry readers will be selected from a panel of experts and be awarded a one-course tuition waiver to the Harvard Extension School and will perform their poems during the live event.
All entries will be posted on a host website so members of our community can view them.
If you'd like to submit a poem, submissions should be:
- Original, unpublished work
- No more than 5 minutes in length
- Be aspirational, contain a message of a call to action, and/or speak to the power of education as a force for good.
To enter the poetry contest:
- Record your reading
- Upload your recording to YouTube
Provide the YouTube link when you RSVP for the event by midnight, Sunday, April 4, 2021.