Download the Leaf Four PowerPoint, and get your office started on action items.
Download the Leaf Four Checklist, complete with cover letter and signature page. NOTE: The checklist document is in process. To download resources mentioned in the checklist, use the links below.
Download the Green Office tracking spreadsheet to help measure your workplace's progress toward the next leaf.
- During cold weather, the blinds in our individual work stations are closed at night.
- We recycle inkjet and laser jet cartridges (any brand) through Office Max, either by giving them to our driver or by using an OfficeMax-provided toner return box, available from email@example.com. As another option, we know we can recycle our laser printer cartridges by sending them back to their manufacturer.
- We explored adopting waste-reducing features on our office copier/printer and shared findings at a recent staff meeting. If we are networked to use an Ikon copier/printer/scanner, we contacted John Romain, the Ikon fleet manager, to learn about these features directly. Particularly helpful features include fax to file, fax forwarding, and print to mailbox. [781-953-0679 or firstname.lastname@example.org]
- We ask our external printing contractor to use vegetable-based inks for all publications. [Green Print Vendor List]
- We ask our designer to design publications that require fewer varnishes and coatings. [Green Print Vendor List]
- For all printing completed outside of our office, we ask our external printing contractor to use paper with at least 50 percent recycled content. [Green Print Vendor List]
KITCHENS AND BREAK ROOMS
- We replaced our bottled water service or our reverse osmosis water treatment system with a charcoal or other simple water filtration system, or we’ve switched to using tap water. We know to contact Harvard Procurement for assistance with preferred vendors.
- When planning work-related travel, we consult websites to explore greener transport options through PlanetTran (taxis) and ZipCar. When choosing lodging, we consider lodging with one of the following certifications: US EPA Energy Star Label for Hospitality, LEED, Green Hotels Association, or EcoRoom.
- We inspired another group, _________________________, to pursue Harvard Green Office Certification.
- We have successfully implemented at least three additional Green Projects for our office. [Project Ideas]