Donate your unwanted books, furniture, and other materials before you move out this spring!
Help benefit charities like Harvard Habitat for Humanity (which resells the items in the fall), reduce waste on campus, and be an environmental steward.
Donation and Reuse Locations are stationed across campus:
- Textbooks, general books, office supplies (even partially-used)
- Apartment supplies such as storage crates, fans, trash cans, bulletin boards, hardware, bricks and lumber
- Dishes, cups and silverware
- Futons, chairs, rugs (roll up) and mirrors (place next to box)
- Tables, chairs, book shelves and other non-upholstered furniture
- Clothing and shoes (tied together), eyeglasses, athletic equipment, toys
- Unfinished bottles of laundry detergent, shampoo, household cleaners and cosmetics
- Computers and parts, printers, phones and other electronics
- Appliances including mini-fridges, microwaves, toasters, fans, lamps, clocks etc.
Unfortunately we can accept no food, mattresses or upholstered furniture.
Here's some information about various move-outs, donation stations, and reuse stations happening across campus:
Basements of Canaday, Greenough, Hollis, Hurlbut, Matthews, Stoughton, Straus, Thayer, Weld, and Wigglesworth
- Adams H entry basement and Clav recycling room
- Cabot Briggs basement
- Currier Dining Hall
- Dunster - The Inn
- Eliot E entryway
- Kirkland Outside B entryway
- Leverett Outside Building Manager's office
- Lowell Outside M entryway
- Mather Behind Tower
- Pfoho Basements of Holmes, Comstock, Wolback, and Jordan
- Quincy under the Qube
- Winthrop H entryway and C Entryway
GRADUATE School of Arts and Sciences:
Basements of Child Hall, Richards Hall, Conant Hall, and Perkins Hall, near the Laundry
Athletes, when cleaning out your lockers, look for donation boxes or barrels in these buildings:
- Dillon Field House
- Bright/Gordon Hallway
- Murr Center
- Blodgett Pool
- Newell Boat House
HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL
Lounge areas of HBS dorms:
Harvard Graduate School of Education
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle—Donate!
From May 6-20, Donation Bins will be set up in Gutman Lobby by the stairs. Donate your unwanted books, office supplies, and other small materials before you pack up for the summer! No furniture please. All donations received will go toward the HGSE Green Team’s annual fall FreeCycle event. FreeCycles promote reusing rather than buying new for our students, staff, and faculty. Learn more.
Harvard Law School
- Books, Horn books, textbooks, notebooks, office supplies (even partially-used)
- Dorm supplies such as mini-fridges, storage crates, fans, trash cans, bulletin boards, cinder blocks, bricks, and lumber
- Futons, rugs, chairs and mirrors (place next to box and clearly label “For Harvard Habitat for Humanity”)
- Clothing and shoes (tied together), eyeglasses, athletic equipment, toys, and linens
- Unopened non-perishable food (canned goods, boxed pasta, microwaveables)
- Unfinished bottles of laundry detergent and household cleaners
- Toiletries, shampoo, lotions, and cosmetics
- Computers and parts, printers, and other electronics
- Caspersen Student Center, under the ramp to the Hark (our permanent HLS donation station location)
- Outdoor underpass between Story and the Hark
- Covered patio between Holmes and Ames
- 1st floor walkway between Ames and Dane
- 1st floor walkway between Story and Shaw
- North Hall Lounge
- Hastings Basement (Entry 5 near the kitchen and Entry 3 near the stairs)
Harvard University Housing
Harvard University Housing offers several reuse options for residents during the moving season; freecycle stations, donation boxes, and starting this year Freecycle Fridays at Peabody Terrace, for more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.